Important meetings for those following the elementary school reconfiguration proposal:
- MON JULY 18
- SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING CANCELED. Was scheduled for 5-8pm. Superintendent’s public evaluation continues at Amherst College Valentine Hall. Agenda: 1. Welcome & Call to Order 2. Superintendent Evaluation 3. School Committee Retreat Discussion—Roles, Responsibilities 4. Adjourn NOTE: There will be no public comment period at this retreat meeting.
- 6:30pm, Town Room, Amherst Town Hall – Select Board approving Debt Override and setting fall election dates and fall Town Meeting. See 7/15 blog post for draft language of the debt override and 7/18 blog post for error in the language of the draft question.
TUE JULY 19.
- 2:00 – 4:30pm, Amherst Middle School Professional Development Center. School Building Committee meeting. Agenda. Reviewing sustainability, security, and cost estimate.
- 6-8pm. Amherst Regional High School Library. Amherst School Committee Meeting.
- Finance Committee
- TUE, Nov. 8 – State Election. $65 million debt override likely on the ballot, to fund building a reconfigured 2-6 grade consolidated elementary school, and closing the three K6 elementary schools. Voters will vote YES or NO to approve the funding.
- MON, Nov. 14 (and following) – Town Meeting likely dates, to approve or disapprove the project.