Tuesday, August 30
- First Day Celebration. Amherst Town Common, 5:00 – 6:30 pm.
Wednesday, August 31
- Lead Testing Meeting, 7pm. Meeting at Crocker Farm to discuss positive lead testing results and action plan. Para mas informacion / For more information .
Tuesday, September 6
- Amherst School Committee Meeting, 6:00PM – 8:00PM, ARHS Library. The Amherst School Committee with meet on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 6 p.m. at the high school library, where there will be an update on the proposed $67 million consolidation project, including discussion of the “6th grade model” and the “early childhood model.”http://www.amherstma.gov/Calendar.aspx?EID=10747
Wednesday, September 7
- Finance Committee Meeting, 7pm. Community room of the Police Station. The FC will likely discuss the debt structure of the loan for the $67 million proposed new elementary school building.
- TUE, Nov. 8 – State Election. Debt override (for $65 million) on the ballot, to fund building a reconfigured 2-6 grade consolidated elementary school, and closing the three K6 elementary schools. Voters will vote YES or NO to approve the funding.
- MON, Nov. 14 (and following) – Town Meeting likely dates, to vote whether or not to appropriate the funding for the proposed reconfiguration project.