Resources and Links
- The “OPM” (project manager) site for the MSBA / Reconfiguration / Megaschool project – http://wildwood.projects.nv5.com/
- Amherst Elementary School Building Project, Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Amherst-Elementary-School-Building-Project-968374979880827/?fref=ts (set up July 2015; significant postings begin mid-September 2015)
- MSBA website for the project: http://www.massschoolbuildings.org/node/40008
- ARPS, the District website: http://arps.org/
- Massachusetts school statistics (DESE): School and District Profiles.
- Amherst Town Meeting: http://amherstma.gov/tm/
- Finance Committee Project Overview (October 2016), http://amherstma.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/36319
The Wildwood PGO has the most comprehensive set of documents through November 2015, including public comment as well as basic proposals. http://wildwoodpgo.com/parent-and-guardian-resources/district-reshaping-public-schools/
Major Documents and Filings
- Amherst Elementary, “Educational Report”. This report was originally presented Oct. 20, 2015, to the School Committee. It originally included some text that suggested reconfiguration; those two paragraphs edited slightly to accommodate the dual K-6 proposal.
- Video of the School Committee meeting at which the “Educational Report” was presented, with significant public comment.
- JCJ Architecture, “PDP” – “Preliminary Design Program”, Dec. 7, 2015. FINAL at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0mz4P0v3bWU25nQkxVWWZOc0xVSEtobzJoUDQzc0xmNDVZ/view .
- DRAFT version available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0mz4P0v3bWa0ZZN3QyWnBkTkpYZC1nclFIVkVfUWdSZmFn/view
- JCJ Architecture, Preliminary Schematic Report, Feb. 2016 version (“PSR”), Feb. 2016 – A 469-page PDF with details about the proposal.
- Letter to the MSBA, with Survey Results, from Ariella Schwell, Laura Quilter, Maria Kopicki, Feb. 15, 2016. (HTML of letter, PDF of letter , PDF of survey data )
- JCJ Architecture, Schematic Design Report, August 2016
Administration & Project Manager Presentations
- May 10, 2016 presentation by JCJ Architecture to the “School Building Committee”
- Updated FAQ (2015/10/30) for the “Wildwood School Building Project”
- “Implications of Unified Configuration” presentation slide deck
- Slides from Sept. 29 Forum – Video of Sept. 29 Forum (recorded by Amherst Media)