- Amherst School District (aka “ARPS“, Amherst Regional Public Schools). Administration of the District is done by Superintendent is Maria Geryk, Assistant Superintendent is Mike Morris, and other staff. The School Administration wrote the “Educational Report” which recommends grade reconfiguration, and is supervising the process.
- Amherst School Committee – Elected committee for Crocker Farm, Fort River, & WIldwood. 5 members. Will receive recommendations about grade configuration on October 20 and will vote on the recommendations in early November. Meetings are open to the public. Members include Kathryn Appy (the Chair, 2011-2014, 2014-2017), Rick Hood (2010-2013, 2013-2016); Kathleen Traphagen (2013-2016); Vira Douangnamy (2015-2018); and Phoebe Hazzard (2015-2018). Elections in Spring 2016 will place two seats.
- Wildwood Building Project Committee aka “School Building Committee”. Appointed committee which will make many decisions about the specifics of the project, after School Committee has determined which grade configuration.
- Visioning Committee. 30 member committee, appointed. “Vision” will inform the District as they draft the “Educational Report.” This committee’s work was completed in Fall 2015.
- Amherst Town Meeting. Representative governing body of the Town of Amherst, which will vote to approve the money for the renovation project. Depending on the size of the recommendation, the vote may require an “override” to increase the local property tax.
- Joslin Lesser. The “OPM” (Owner’s Project Manager), a position required by MSBA to be hired. Joslin Lesser is an architectural project firm hired to run the process. See Request For Services (RFS), the official description of their services.
- Massachusetts School Building Authority. State organization that funds renovations.
- Save Amherst’s Small Schools. An independent community organization opposed to reconfiguration or consolidation. See About SASS for more information.
This page copied with permission and modified from the Wildwood PGO’s page at http://wildwoodpgo.com/district-reshaping-public-schools/ .